FLSA STATUS: Part Time
Holy Spirit Catholic Church recognizes that it is the young people who are the hope of our Catholic Church. It is in the formation of young people as disciples of Jesus Christ that leads all of us to an encounter with the God of love. Holy Spirit Catholic Church is a rapidly growing parish in the fastest growing county in Oklahoma.
The parish is seeking a Coordinator of Children’s Evangelization (CCE) to organize and lead the efforts to evangelize and catechize the children of our parish (Through Grade 5) and their families. It is our hope that the successful candidate will be a joy-filled person of faith, be willing to take an active part in the life of the parish, be an example of fidelity to their Catholic faith, and show others what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic pastoral team with an opportunity to help shape the way our parish forms disciples, and assist in providing direction for the future of our parish. The CCE will enjoy the full support of the pastor, as well as the support and camaraderie of a growing parish staff. The CCE will have volunteers to assist in the implementation of efforts to evangelize the children of our parish. In addition, the CCE will have opportunities to grow by their participation in retreats and leadership development opportunities.
- 1-3 years’ experience in catechetical leadership
- Shows a concern for ongoing personal and spiritual growth
- Empowers others to use their talents through participation and action
- Bachelors or Masters in theological studies, ministry, religious education or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in catechesis, catechetical leadership, and ministering to children
- Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish
- Provides yearly formation opportunities to help facilitate an encounter with Christ (such as Totus Tuus, Vacation Bible School, or other activities)
- Coordinates and develops all aspects of an evangelization/catechetical program for children
- Assists in the recruiting, support, training, and evaluation of volunteers for the children’s catechetical and evangelization efforts; encourages volunteers to attend formation opportunities at the archdiocesan level
- Provides opportunities for parent formation and spiritual growth, and equips parents to take an active role in their child’s religious formation
- Communicates, advocates and promotes children’s activities with parents, volunteers, parish staff and parish organizations
- Maintains regular communication with the Archdiocesan Secretariat of Evangelization and Catechesis and regularly attends meetings scheduled by the Secretariat
7. Cooperates with the parish Safe Environment Facilitator in providing the necessary information about staff, catechists, and other volunteers in the children’s evangelization programs, including confirming that all have completed the Archdiocesan Safe Environment protocols
- This job operates partly in an office setting and partly in a classroom setting.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- It also demands significant evening and weekend working hours.
Required Physical Demands
- Physical stamina to supervise children
- Mobility to move about in a classroom or group setting
- Lifting and moving of materials and equipment for presentations is required
- Ability to drive
- Travel is required as needed to attend workshops and in-service trainings sponsored by the Archdiocese and others (as approved by the Pastor), as well as national meeting in coordination with the Pastor.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign job duties as required. This job description is not to be construed as a guaranteed contract of employment for a definite period.