This year, the Center of Family Love (CFL) is celebrating its 40th anniversary with a Gift of Love Virtual Celebration! Out of an abundance of caution for their residents, the gala has been moved to a virtual platform for the second year in a row. Though this is virtual, they must still raise $1 million to meet their needs. CFL would greatly appreciate if you would register and spread the word!
For more information, visit https://centeroffamilylove.org/
FLSA STATUS: Part Time
Holy Spirit Catholic Church recognizes that it is the young people who are the hope of our Catholic Church. It is in the formation of young people as disciples of Jesus Christ that leads all of us to an encounter with the God of love. Holy Spirit Catholic Church is a rapidly growing parish in the fastest growing county in Oklahoma.
The parish is seeking a Coordinator of Children’s Evangelization (CCE) to organize and lead the efforts to evangelize and catechize the children of our parish (Through Grade 5) and their families. It is our hope that the successful candidate will be a joy-filled person of faith, be willing to take an active part in the life of the parish, be an example of fidelity to their Catholic faith, and show others what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic pastoral team with an opportunity to help shape the way our parish forms disciples, and assist in providing direction for the future of our parish. The CCE will enjoy the full support of the pastor, as well as the support and camaraderie of a growing parish staff. The CCE will have volunteers to assist in the implementation of efforts to evangelize the children of our parish. In addition, the CCE will have opportunities to grow by their participation in retreats and leadership development opportunities.
- 1-3 years’ experience in catechetical leadership
- Shows a concern for ongoing personal and spiritual growth
- Empowers others to use their talents through participation and action
- Bachelors or Masters in theological studies, ministry, religious education or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in catechesis, catechetical leadership, and ministering to children
- Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish
- Provides yearly formation opportunities to help facilitate an encounter with Christ (such as Totus Tuus, Vacation Bible School, or other activities)
- Coordinates and develops all aspects of an evangelization/catechetical program for children
- Assists in the recruiting, support, training, and evaluation of volunteers for the children’s catechetical and evangelization efforts; encourages volunteers to attend formation opportunities at the archdiocesan level
- Provides opportunities for parent formation and spiritual growth, and equips parents to take an active role in their child’s religious formation
- Communicates, advocates and promotes children’s activities with parents, volunteers, parish staff and parish organizations
- Maintains regular communication with the Archdiocesan Secretariat of Evangelization and Catechesis and regularly attends meetings scheduled by the Secretariat
7. Cooperates with the parish Safe Environment Facilitator in providing the necessary information about staff, catechists, and other volunteers in the children’s evangelization programs, including confirming that all have completed the Archdiocesan Safe Environment protocols
- This job operates partly in an office setting and partly in a classroom setting.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- It also demands significant evening and weekend working hours.
Required Physical Demands
- Physical stamina to supervise children
- Mobility to move about in a classroom or group setting
- Lifting and moving of materials and equipment for presentations is required
- Ability to drive
- Travel is required as needed to attend workshops and in-service trainings sponsored by the Archdiocese and others (as approved by the Pastor), as well as national meeting in coordination with the Pastor.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign job duties as required. This job description is not to be construed as a guaranteed contract of employment for a definite period.
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS ARCHBISHOP SALATKA ASSEMBLY 2044
2021 College Scholarship Award
For eligible 2021 high school graduating seniors of registered parishioners at Holy Spirit Catholic Church in Mustang, OK, or St. John Nepomuk Catholic Church in Yukon, OK. The 4th Degree Archbishop Salatka Assembly 2044, Knights of Columbus (KofC) is pleased to present the opportunity for award of two monetary scholarships for post-high school education. The purpose of the scholarship awards is to assist eligible 2021 high school graduating seniors with financial assistance to continue their education. The scholarships will be awarded based on evaluation of an essay submitted to a review panel and titled, “Patriotism in the Catholic Church”. There are two $750.00 scholarships to be awarded. The scholarships will be provided in the form of a check. The successful applicant will be required to supply a valid SSN for the scholarship award.
- The applicant is required to submit a 300 – 500 word typed essay entitled, “Patriotism in the Catholic
Church”, along with an application and a reference letter, to Bill Kennedy, Jr., Archbishop Salatka Assembly
2044, c/o St. John Nepomuk Catholic Church, 600 Garth Brooks Blvd., Yukon, OK 73099.
- The reference letter must be completed and signed by the parish pastor, deacon, or youth director who can
comment on the applicant’s status as a practicing Catholic.
- The applicant must be a practicing Roman Catholic of the parishes of Holy Spirit Catholic Church (Mustang)
or St. John Nepomuk Catholic Church (Yukon).
- The reference letter and the essay will be used to judge the applicants who are eligible for the scholarship
award and to determine the recipients of the two scholarships.
- The essay evaluation panel will evaluate essays based on content, writing skill and argument.
- The essay will be the property of the K of C and will not be returned to the applicant.
- The deadline for applicants will be September 1, 2021. The two scholarship winners will be notified on or about
June 1, 2021.
- Scholarship awards will be presented to the two winners at Mass in early October. It is requested that both
scholarship winners be in attendance for the presentation.
Photos courtesy of Mel Willis
Due to the current power outage, the parish offices are closed. Friday, 6:30 AM Mass is cancelled.
Please pray for the crews working to restore power and stay tuned to this page for updates.