KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS ARCHBISHOP SALATKA ASSEMBLY 2044
2021 College Scholarship Award
For eligible 2021 high school graduating seniors of registered parishioners at Holy Spirit Catholic Church in Mustang, OK, or St. John Nepomuk Catholic Church in Yukon, OK. The 4th Degree Archbishop Salatka Assembly 2044, Knights of Columbus (KofC) is pleased to present the opportunity for award of two monetary scholarships for post-high school education. The purpose of the scholarship awards is to assist eligible 2021 high school graduating seniors with financial assistance to continue their education. The scholarships will be awarded based on evaluation of an essay submitted to a review panel and titled, “Patriotism in the Catholic Church”. There are two $750.00 scholarships to be awarded. The scholarships will be provided in the form of a check. The successful applicant will be required to supply a valid SSN for the scholarship award.
- The applicant is required to submit a 300 – 500 word typed essay entitled, “Patriotism in the Catholic
Church”, along with an application and a reference letter, to Bill Kennedy, Jr., Archbishop Salatka Assembly
2044, c/o St. John Nepomuk Catholic Church, 600 Garth Brooks Blvd., Yukon, OK 73099.
- The reference letter must be completed and signed by the parish pastor, deacon, or youth director who can
comment on the applicant’s status as a practicing Catholic.
- The applicant must be a practicing Roman Catholic of the parishes of Holy Spirit Catholic Church (Mustang)
or St. John Nepomuk Catholic Church (Yukon).
- The reference letter and the essay will be used to judge the applicants who are eligible for the scholarship
award and to determine the recipients of the two scholarships.
- The essay evaluation panel will evaluate essays based on content, writing skill and argument.
- The essay will be the property of the K of C and will not be returned to the applicant.
- The deadline for applicants will be September 1, 2021. The two scholarship winners will be notified on or about
June 1, 2021.
- Scholarship awards will be presented to the two winners at Mass in early October. It is requested that both
scholarship winners be in attendance for the presentation.