On September 29, 2018, Holy Spirit will host our fourth annual Oktoberfest celebration and auction.
Proceeds from Oktoberfest go toward the construction of a critically needed new church building. Last year’s event raised $40,000 for our New Church Fund. With the help of community, businesses and the hard work of our parish members we hope to exceed this.
We are adding online bidding this year to help make our check-in & check-outs smoother along with other exciting news.
For more information and to register, head over to the Oktoberfest 2018 website .
Ways to Help
We need sponsors and auction items. An event sponsor will receive complimentary tickets and special recognition at the following levels:
- Bavaria: $1000 (eight tickets; eight Oktoberfest Pilsners; VIP Check-in; auction program and website recognition, signage and pre-event publicity, recognition on social media)
- Saxony: $500 (four tickets; four Oktoberfest Pilsner; VIP Check-in; auction program and website recognition)
- Rhine: $100 (two tickets; auction program and website recognition)
- Auction Item Donor: Should you decide to donate an item to be auctioned, your company’s name and the value of the item will be listed in the auction program.
Holy Spirit Catholic Church is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Your donation may be tax deductible. Consult your tax advisor for details.
The Oktoberfest Committee is working hard to plan the most significant annual fund-raising event for the new church building fund. The Committee is looking for more members to help make the event even better. Join us for our next Committee meeting on this Wed. June 13 at 7 pm or talk to Cindy Moss about volunteer opportunities:
- Are you organized, friendly and computer savvy? We need a new Registration/Checkout Co-Chair! This Co-Chair helps the Chair lead a team of volunteers to set up the online, and night of registration and checkout.
- We need volunteers to help with check-in & check-outs!
- We also are needing help with room monitors, and acquisition runners, parking, and setting up and tearing down, etc.
We are looking for donations for the live and silent auctions. This week’s donation suggestion: Gift Cards! Do you have any gift cards you haven’t used yet? Do you know a business or restaurant who will donate a gift card? The Oktoberfest Committee will take them for our silent auction! Bring the tickets to the church office or talk to Theresa Flannery. Thank you!
Come to the Oktoberfest Committee meeting on June 13 at 7 pm to hear all the details or, if you have any questions, please contact your parish secretary, Cindy Moss, at (405) 376-9435.